Wednesday, September 28, 2011

What I will miss MOST about summer ending

Although it still doesn't quite feel like fall, this weekend was a little tease, but we are back to another warm day today, I know that summer is quickly ending. Anyone who knows me well enough knows I LOVE summer...I love the heat, being in the pool/lake, being tan, bbqs. warm nights, it staying light out late, traveling, all the fruit...the list goes on. But, all good things must come to an end. And though I will miss all of those things, this is what I will miss most...

Our family evenings together...we hurry to get dinner down, get out our bikes and head down to a neighborhood park. Carson waves "hi" to every person, car, bike and dog we pass by on the way and can't wait to get into the playground when we arrive. Lately it seems like we have been dashing back home trying to beat the sun before it goes down completely.  I have loved this recent family ritual and will miss it most when we are barely getting dinner on the table and the moon is already out, or the rain clouds have made their way in yet another day, but I know only a few seasons and then it will be summer again.
Sadly the video of him playing won't upload...so settling for a park picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment